Computers & WiFi
Desktop computers are FREE and available for everyone, on a first-come-first-served basis. Computers are Windows machines that access the Internet and have Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
To access a public computer, please present your WLS library card to Patron Services, or request a FREE Guest Pass. You will use your library card number, or guest pass number, to log into the computer.
- Computers are available for adults on the first floor, perfect for creating brochures and resumes, complete with black and white, and color printing capabilities.
- One desktop computer is available in the Children’s Room.
- Each computer session may be limited depending on demand. Personal headphones may be used or purchased at Patron Services.
- If you have a take an exam or fill out multiple digital forms on our computers, please let Patron Services know ahead of time and we can extend the time of your session.
- Printing is available
Please know the public computer browsers are in ‘incognito mode,’ so browsing history is not saved.
Inappropriate use of public computers will result in immediate loss of computer privileges.
We have Chromebooks available for the public to use while in the library. Chromebooks are a type of portable computer that is easy to use for checking email or editing Google documents in any location in the Library, instantly accessing our free, highspeed WiFi.
- To access a Chromebook, please present your WLS library card to Patron Services, or a photo ID.
- Chromebooks are available for adults to use anywhere in the library or on the library grounds.
- Printing from Chromebooks is not available.
- Each Chromebook session may be limited depending on demand. Personal headphones may be used or purchased at Patron Services.
- Chromebooks are available first come, first served basis, and not available to hold.